Sussex County Association of REALTORS®2024 Travel Scholarship
Sussex County Association of REALTORS® recognizes that its staff, NAR Committee Members, and other members interested in leadership could benefit from attending the NAR Mid-Year and/or the NAR Annual Meeting. Therefore, a scholarship fund has been established to help fund these travelers.
The NAR Legislative Meetings held in Washington D.C. each May and the NAR NXT conference held in November with a different location each year have both been described by previous attendees as transformative events that directly linked members to the power of the REALTOR® brand, created meaningful relationships with colleagues from across the country, and created a personal connection with the National Association of REALTORS® and the “REALTOR® Party.”
Any staff person or REALTOR® member who meets the criteria below and is willing to fulfill the scholarship requirements is encouraged to apply by Tuesday, February 6, 2024, for travel to the NAR Legislative Mid-Year meetings in Washington D.C occurring May 4 – 9, 2024. The deadline to apply for travel to the NAR NXT Conference in Boston, Massachusetts, occurring November 6 – 10, 2024, is Friday, April 26, 2024.
- Applicant must be a current SCAOR REALTOR® member or staff person at the time of application and meeting dates.
- Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to professionalism, volunteerism, and a desire to develop leadership skills.
- Discuss registration options with the SCAOR Association Executive, and they may be asked to complete their own registration for the hotel and event registration.
- Attend the corresponding NAR Mid-Year or NAR Annual meetings.
- Meet with the SCAOR Association Executive prior to travel
- To determine what is covered by their scholarship
- To discover important sessions to attend while at the meeting
Shadow an NAR Committee Member (if not already on a NAR committee) and attend the NAR Committee they serve on as a guest.
Pay for expenses while traveling and submit all receipts for reimbursement within one week of the travel return date.
Submit a summary of the trip and present it to the SCAOR Board of Directors at their next regularly scheduled meeting.
- Paid travel expenses.
- Network with REALTORS® and staff from around Delaware and other parts of the country.
- Increase awareness for NAR, the REALTOR® Party, RPAC, and industry issues.
- Opportunity to attend business development opportunities, NAR meetings, REALTORS® Trade Expo, and tour the Nation’s Capitol or other parts of the country.
Failure to perform any of the above requirements by the selected recipient may result in full or partial forfeiture of the scholarship award. If you have any questions, please contact:
Sussex County Association of REALTORS®
Direct: (302) 855-2300
Trackback from your site.