Becoming a Member
Becoming a NEW Member:
- First, you must first obtain your real estate license from the Delaware Real Estate Commission.
- After receiving your license, figure out what type of new member you’ll be (PDF Link).
New Membership Packets (PDF):
Fill out one of the packets below, and email us a completed PDF (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax the packet to 302-855-2319. Paperwork processing takes 3-5 business days. For pricing details, refer to membership dues below in All Available Membership Forms.
- New Primary SCAOR Member (Member Packet)
- New Secondary SCAOR Member (Member Packet) – You’ll also need a “Letter of Good Standing” from your current board.
- New SentriLock Only SCAOR Member (Member Packet) – You’ll also need a “Letter of Good Standing” from your current board.
All Available Membership Forms:
- 2022 Membership Dues
- SCAOR New Office Application
- Sentrilock Reciprocity Application Form (Members of KCAR, CAR, and MSBR use this form for reciprocity)
- REALTOR Change Form
- Credit Card Authorization
- 2023 Dues Deductibility Statement
- Office Roster
A REALTOR® Member who has held membership in the National Association as a REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, or both, for a cumulative period of forty (40) years is eligible for REALTOR® Emeritus status.
Upon approval of an application for REALTOR® Emeritus by the Board of Directors of the National Association of REALTORS®, no further payment of dues to the National Association is necessary by the member association of which the REALTOR® Emeritus is a member. Please note that the dues waiver does not take effect until the dues year immediately following the Board of Directors’ approval. In addition, REALTOR® Emeritus Members are exempt from the Code of Ethics requirement.
A completed application is necessary to begin the approval process for REALTOR® Emeritus status, which must be completed by the candidate’s local association. Documentation substantiating the candidate’s forty (40) years of membership (and one (1) year of service, as applicable) must be attached to the application.
The new REALTOR® Emeritus eligibility criteria shall be implemented as follows:
In addition to the required forty (40) years of REALTOR® membership:
- Applications submitted in 2020 and beyond will require proof of one (1) year of service* at the National Association level. To fill out an application, contact the SCAOR office at 302-855-2300.
* “Service” is defined as serving as an officer, director, committee member, federal political coordinator, President’s liaison or regional coordinator to a country with which NAR holds a reciprocal agreement.