The SCAOR Card – Issue #015 – A Note from the CEO
Brokers and Members:
As we close out the first month of January, 2018, I would like to say thank you for the opportunity to serve the Association. Your Association, 1800+ members with over 130 Brokers, is staffed by five professionals in a state-of-the-art facility located on Route 9. We are open M-Th from 830 am to 5 pm and Friday from 830 am to 430 pm. The Association manages a website, scaor.com, and is active on Twitter and Facebook. We strive for excellence in customer support and communication. Since we have experienced several changes in 2017, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about the Association staff.
First, Andrew J. Mason is the Communications Coordinator and SentriLock Customer Service Manager. He manages the daily calendar and sends all communication to members. He is also the staff associate in charge of technology and our in-house social media expert. Next, Patricia (Trish) Anderson is the new Director of Professional Development (education). She took over scheduling education classes in November and is working hard to make sure that we offer all modules before the April 30 licensing deadline Trish is also the Professional Standards Administrator, and the person to contact if you experience a violation of the Code of Ethics. Mary Hanley is the SCAOR Membership Services Coordinator. She processes all new member applications (3-5 days) and assists members with RAMCO (association management software) issues. Kristy Brittingham is the new Administrative Coordinator. She can assist with RAMCO questions, Sentri Card applications and anything else membership related. Lastly, I am your Association Executive who manages the daily operations and works closely with the Board of Directors on organization policy. If you have questions about your Association, please contact me. If you are a Broker and would like one of us to attend your weekly sales meeting, let us know! If you have ideas about your Association, email me at email@example.com.
What is happening within your Association? The BOD met on January 9 (special meeting) and January 18 (regular meeting) and approved the following business.
- Approved Sandi Bisgood as DAR Nominating Director
- All Officers and Directors took the Oath of Office for 2018
- Set MLS Fees ($60 members and $90 MLS Only members) for the first 3 months of 2018
- An RPAC event will be scheduled in 2018 with the Young Professionals Network
- Only committees to meet before Janury 18 were MLS, Professional Development and Affiliates
- New BOD for the Community Service Foundation
- No update on a Reciprocal Agreement with Coastal Association of REALTORS (the goal is to have a new Agreement executed before the Bright MLS conversion date)
- Language to replace current Document Retention Policy (recommended by NAR and legal counsel)
- Amended FY 2018 Budget to include funds for a 2017 Audit (Review/Audit now an annual requirement)
- May BOD meeting changed from May 10 to May 24
February 8 State Legislator Breakfast (public policy committee members meet with State legislators)
February 9 Broker Breakfast (meetings for brokers only)
Feb./March Bright MLS Conversion training workshops (TBD)
March 8 BOD meeting 9 am
May NAR Legislative Meetings in Washington DC
May/June SentriLock Audit
To keep you connected we are working on a texting feature and will be sending daily/weekly information out on social media. Please stay active in your Association, meet the BOD, attend a committee meeting, support RPAC and travel to a NAR conference if you are able. The Association is well positioned for the future with a strong reserve fund and minimal debt.
Merritt Burke IV
[ Back to SCAOR Card ]
Trackback from your site.