Tech Tip Tuesday #002 – The MLS Speed Bar
The Speed Bar will allow you to run a search from any screen:
The Speed Bar accepts two types of input:
- Speed Bar Shorthand: a series of simple codes you enter into the Speed Bar. Matrix translates your entries into search criteria and runs the corresponding search.
- Speed Bar Shortcuts: any Matrix search that you’ve Saved As a Speed Bar shortcut. Enter its name in the Speed Bar and Matrix runs that saved search.
- Keep it simple and case doesn’t matter
- Combine your Shorthand codes in any order (except for bedrooms and bathrooms)
- Put spaces between Shorthand codes, not commas
- Check the criteria on the results page to ensure it searched for what you asked for
Speed Bar Shorthand Examples:
- ML Numbers: 516373 or 516373 519347
- Status: A for Active; X for Expired; L for Leased; C for Closed, etc. Example: “L COML” (without quotes) for Leased Commercial
- RES, LOT, COM, FARM, COMLProperty Type:
- Examples: LOT for Lots and Land or COM for Commercial and COML for Commercial Lease, “A CP” (without quotes) for Active Cross Property
- Street Number and Name: 123 Main (enter exact Street Number and Street Name as in “959 Norman Eskridge Hwy” but without quotes)
- City: City name; Example: “Millsboro $100-150” (without quotes) for properties between $100-150 thousand in the city of Millsboro.
- Price (In Thousands): $500-550 or $500+ or $500-(this is the current price for Actives; the Sales Price for Solds)
- Bedrooms and Bathrooms: 4+ 3+ for 4 or more bedrooms and 3 or more bathrooms
- Approx Square Feet: 2000+ sqft or 2000-2500 sqft
- Acres: 20 acres or 2.5+ ac
- Open Houses: OH 7/20/2014 or OH 0 (0 means today)
- Agent Search: AG Brown or AG Adam Brown
- Office Search: OFF Century*
Combining Shorthand Codes – Examples:
- A COM for Active Commercial listings
- C LOT for Closed Lots and Land
- A 19975 for Active listings in Zip Code 19975
- A 19975 $800+ 4+ for Active in 19975 at $800,000 or above with 4 or more bedrooms
Field Examples: Status: A, X, L, P, C, W, K Type: RES, COM, COML, LOT, FARM Price (in Thousands): You must use a ‘$’ before the dollar amount.
- $300 –> Price equals $300,000
- $300-350 –> Price between $300,000 and $350,000
- $650+ –> Price equal to or greater than $650,000
- $300- –> Price equal to or less than $300,000
Beds: You may add a space and “beds” or “bd” after the number, but are not required to do so.
- 3 –> Exactly 3 Bedrooms
- 3-5 –> Between 3 and 5 Bedrooms, inclusive
- 3+ –> Equal to or greater than 3 Bedrooms
- 3- –> Equal to or less than 3 Bedrooms
Full Baths: You may add a space and “baths” or “ba” after the number, but are not required to do so.
- 3 ba –> Exactly 3 Full Baths
- 3 baths –> Exactly 3 Full Baths
- 3-5 ba –> Between 3 and 5 Full Baths, inclusive
- 3+ ba –> Equal to or greater than 3 Full Baths
- 3- ba –> Equal to or less than 3 Full Baths
Zip Code: Enter a 5 digit Zip Code
- 19973 19944
Approx Square Feet: You must add “sqft” or “sf” after the number.
- 3000+ sqft –> Equal to or greater than 3,000 sqft
- 2000-2750 sqft –> Between 2,000 and 2,750 sqft, inclusive
Approx Acres: You must add “ac” or “acres” after the number; but it does not matter which shorthand code you use.
- 1 acres –> Exactly 1 Acre
- 3.5+ ac –> Equal to or greater than 3.5 acres
- 2.5- ac –> Equal to or less than 2.5 acres
- (Note that ac or acres may be used)
Trackback from your site.